Branding Your Business with Social Media
A great deal is actually being said about the effect of social media on brands – from Tropicana, DELL, Zappos, JetBlue, and a growing list of other companies. However the actual fundamental problem with all of this is that it focuses on the customer at the expense of the brand.
Before opening yourself up to the conversation, before engaging outside, start with who you really are, what you as an organization really believe in, and what gets you out of bed in the morning.
Forget about mission and vision statements. Forget ‘shareholder value’ — No one ever got out of bed for increased shareholder value (but if you have something powerful to drive you, you have a better chance of creating plenty of it).
Specifically recognize what you believe in and really can deliver, articulate this ethos simply so that everyone in your business can fully grasp the idea, position it firmly at the heart of your brand, and drive it through everything that you do.
With a crystal clear sense of internal purpose and direction you stand a significantly better chance of using social media and online conversation as a source of competitive advantage rather than disadvantage.
This will be hard. It is fundamentally counter-intuitive for any typically educated professional to think in this fashion, to focus on the organization before the customer, and yet the times have changed and this is what will be critical to your businesses existence.
- Mission Statement – How to Develop a Mission Statement
- Motorola Company | GoPDA Windows Mobile(Windows Phone) Android …
- jetblue 10 dollar flights
- A Better Chance Is All It Takes | DrJays.com Live | Fashion. Music …
- Sprint's Palm Pre unmistakeable for Outclass of Existence? | GSM …
- The Fundamental Problem with “Winner” and “Loser” Systems
- Tools for Change – Targeted surveys | Competitive advantage
- Yglesias » What's the EPA Doing, Carbon-Wise?
- Mixology Contest to Celebrate Opening of Ambhar Lounge at …
- JetBlue – Emirates Partnership will Result in New Routes Globally
- How China is Sneakily Keeping Its Competitive Advantage in this …
- The Execution Premium: Linking Strategy to Operations for …
- Froyo for Dell Streak due by end of November as OTA update – SlashGear
- Rose Law Group Blog » Blog Archive » Richardson: Immigration …
- Wealth Effect Rumors Have Been Greatly Exaggerated | The Big Picture
- Writing a Mission and Vision Statement
- Robert Stevens: The truth about Tropicana, or how to save $100m …
- Campaign Finance, Ideology, and Doubt
- Shareholder Value – A Business Experience (Quantitative Finance …
- QUICK-FIX APPROACH WON'T SOLVE EDUCATION PROBLEMS | NBF NEWS, FREE …
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.
- Groupon Is A Disaster For Small Businesses
- Email Marketing Options For Small Businesses
- Google Adwords Management – How It Helps Small Businesses
- Twitter For Business – Even If You Don’t Get It
- Choosing a Social Media Expert
- Small Business Marketing Mistakes in 2010
- Branding Your Small Business with Internet Marketing